We have moved shop to http://www.ifsr.org so see you there!
Webmaster, Don Tai
Revisiting the socio-ecological, social-technical and socio-psychological perspectives
Team Leader: David Ing
- In which ways is the Tavistock legacy still relevant, and which ways might these ideas be advanced and/or refreshed (for the globalized/service economy)?
- Ramírez, Rafael, John W Selsky, and Kess van der Heijden. 2008. Conceptual and Historical Overview. In Business Planning for Turbulent Times: New Methods for Applying Scenarios, ed. Rafael Ramírez, John W. Selsky, and Kees van der Heijden, 17-30. Earthscan. http://books.google.com/books?id=Y0tWYcxjPPgC
- Emery, Merrelyn. 2000. “The current version of Emery’s open systems theory.” Systemic Practice and Action Research 13 (5): 623–643. doi:10.1023/A:1009577509972.http://dx.doi.org/10.1023/A:1009577509972.
- Trist, Eric L., Hugh Murray, and Frederick Edmund Emery. 1997. The Social Engagement of Social Science: The socio-ecological perspective. Vol. 3. University of Pennsylvania Press. http://www.moderntimesworkplace.com/archives/ericsess/sessvol3/sessvol3.html.
- Trist, E. L., and Hugh Murray. 1993. The Social Engagement of Social Science: The socio-technical perspective. University of Pennsylvania Press.http://www.moderntimesworkplace.com/archives/ericsess/sessvol2/sessvol2.html.
- Trist, Eric L., and Hugh Murray. 1990. The Social engagement of Social Science: The socio-psychological perspective. University of Pennsylvania Press.http://www.moderntimesworkplace.com/archives/ericsess/sessvol1/sessvol1.html.
- Morley, David. 1989. Frameworks for organizational change: towards action learning in global environments. In Learning works: searching for organizational futures, ed. Susan Wright and David Morley. Toronto: The Adapting by Learning Group, York University. [snippet view at Google Books]
- Morgan, Gareth. 1986. Images of organization. Sage Publications. http://books.google.com/books?id=RlO3AAAAIAAJ.
- Emery, Fred E., and Merrelyn Emery. 1974. Participative design: work and community life. In Participative Design for Participative Democracy, ed. Merrelyn Emery, 100-122. 1989th ed. Canberra: Centre for Continuing Education, Australian National University.