We have moved shop to http://www.ifsr.org so see you there!
Webmaster, Don Tai
As a brainstorming activity, Gary Metcalf and David Ing have been discussing some alternative themes for the IFSR Conversation scheduled for April 2012 in Austria. This is list is a work in progress, and will evolve.
- In the era of blogging and mass collaboration, how does science change and not change from the industrial age combination of higher education institutions and journal publications?
- Caswell, T., S. Henson, M. Jensen, and D. Wiley. 2008. “Open Content and Open Educational Resources: Enabling universal education.” The International Review of Research in Open and Distance Learning 9 (1): Article–9. http://www.irrodl.org/index.php/irrodl/article/view/469/1001.
- Tapscott, Don, and Anthony D. Williams. 2006. Wikinomics: how mass collaboration changes everything. Penguin. http://books.google.com/books?id=-WUhErZgmpoC
- Benkler, Yochai. 2006. The wealth of networks: How social production transforms markets and freedom. New Haven, CT: Yale University Press. http://books.google.com/books?id=McotnvNSjQ4C
- Lessig, Lawrence. 2006. Code. version 2.0 ed. Basic Books. http://books.google.com/books?id=lmXIMZiU8yQC.
- Can systems theory help find ways out of poverty traps, with the knowledge on resilience, sustainability and/or regeneration?
- Carpenter, Stephen R, and William A Brock. 2008. “Adaptive capacity and traps.” Ecology and Society 13 (2): 40. http://www.ecologyandsociety.org/vol13/iss2/art40/.
- Orr, David W. 2008. Design on the Edge: The Making of a High-Performance Building. MIT Press. http://books.google.com/books?id=Fbg_PgAACAAJ.
- Jacobs, Jane. 2005. Dark Age Ahead. Random House of Canada. http://books.google.com/books?id=xIgI91F4SbcC.
- Allen, Timothy F. H., Joseph A Tainter, and Thomas W. Hoekstra. 2003. Supply-side sustainability. New York: Columbia Univ Press. http://books.google.com/books?id=bDZbHHQy-8sC
- Gunderson, Lance H., and C. S. Holling. 2002. Panarchy: understanding transformations in human and natural systems. Island Press. http://books.google.com/books?id=DHcjtSM5TogC
- Lyle, John T. 1996. Regenerative Design for Sustainable Development. John Wiley and Sons. http://books.google.com/books?id=qB3v3gYofSUC.
- What can systems theory learn about the design of services, from knowledge that has been developed and largely adopted within communities of practice and industry standards groups?
- Government of Ontario Ministry of Government Services. 2010. Defining Programs and Services in the Ontario Public Service. In Information Technology Standards. Architecture Standards GO-ITS 56.1 version 1.3 Appendix. Queen’s Printer for Ontario. http://www.mgs.gov.on.ca/en/IAndIT/STEL02_047303.html
- Eclipse Foundation. 2010. Open Unified Process — Getting Started: Basic Process Concepts. http://epf.eclipse.org/wikis/openup/.
- The Open Group. 2009. TOGAF Version 9. Van Haren Publishing. http://www.opengroup.org/togaf/.
- Ambler, Scott W. 2009. The Agile Scaling Method (ASM): Adapting Agile Methods for Complex Environments. IBM, December.ftp://ftp.software.ibm.com/common/ssi/sa/wh/n/raw14204usen/RAW14204USEN.PDF.
- How does the practice turn in philosophy change the way that we should think about systems theories?
- Johnson, Gerry, Ann Langley, Leif Melin, and Richard Whittington. 2007. Strategy as practice: research directions and resources. Cambridge University Press.http://books.google.com/books?id=gDFJOk9ZqCIC.
- Schatzki, Theodore R., Karin Knorr-Cetina, and Eike von Savigny. 2001. The practice turn in contemporary theory. Routledge. http://books.google.com/books?id=RfaVpJBB5lgC
- Flores, Fernando. 2000. Heideggerian Thinking and the Transformation of Business Practice. In Essays in Honor of Hubert L. Dreyfus: Heidegger, coping, and cognitive science, ed. Mark A. Wrathall and Jeff Malpas, 2:271-292. MIT Press. http://books.google.com/books?id=c-HkEF7Qg48C.
- Benner, Patricia. 2000. The Quest for Control and the Possibilities of Care. In Essays in Honor of Hubert L. Dreyfus: Heidegger, coping, and cognitive science, ed. Mark A. Wrathall and Jeff Malpas, 2:293-310. MIT Press. http://books.google.com/books?id=c-HkEF7Qg48C.
- Wenger, Etienne. 1999. Communities of practice: learning, meaning and identity. Cambridge, UK: Cambridge University Press. http://books.google.com/books?id=heBZpgYUKdAC
- Spinosa, Charles, Fernando Flores, and Hubert L. Dreyfus. 1999. Disclosing new worlds: Entrepreneurship, Democratic Action, and the Cultivation of Solidarity. MIT Press.http://books.google.com/books?id=NLVCmqUR3ngC
- Gasparski, Wojciech, Marek K. Mlicki, and Bela H. Banathy. 1996. Social agency: dilemmas and education praxiology. Transaction Publishers. http://books.google.com/books?id=jCTpruYDAVEC.
- Bourdieu, Pierre, and Loïc J. D. Wacquant. 1992. An invitation to reflexive sociology. University of Chicago Press. http://books.google.com/books?id=rs4fEHa0ijAC