We have moved shop to http://www.ifsr.org so see you there!
Webmaster, Don Tai
Designing Learning Systems for Global Sustainability: ramping up for the ISSS 2013 Conference in Vietnam
Team Leaders: Alexander Laszlo (email@example.com) and Stefan Blachfellner (firstname.lastname@example.org)
To design a series of related international events for curating the emergence of a global learning society. To further the work done in Pernegg 2010 Conversation Team #3 on designing a global meta-system for integrating disparate learning systems for sustainability and the work done in Pernegg 2010 Conversation Team #1 on creating systems curricula for formal education and creating informal learning opportunities through Learning Laboratories for managing complex issues through such vehicles as the Global Llab NET. To link these efforts with upcoming opportunities to further conversations for action at EMCR, GBGU, CTG, and especially at the 2013 ISSS Conference in Vietnam whose theme has been tentatively set as Systemic Leverage Points for Emerging a Global Civilization. In general, the idea is to capitalize upon current and emerging educational and learning initiatives that create attractors for ongoing activities connecting systems science with systems action in the area of systemic sustainability.
Based on the findings of the 2010 IFSR Systems Conversations in Pernegg, Austria and the learnings Team 1 and Team 3 members shared during the last 2 years, we intend to foster a thread of action inquiry through the following strategic steps:
- Invite 9 key players in the field of systems and sustainability / prosperity movements
- Take the ISSS 2013 conference „Systemic Leverage Points for Emerging a Global Civilization“ in Vietnam as a first real life example
- Prototype a modular event design which can be modified based on specific contexts and conditions for future global-local events (considering specifics of culture, structure, etc.)
- Design a complete project plan that is implementable by other organizations
- Publish a field guide that can be distributed to new members of the co-evolving meta system of Learning Systems for Sustainability, orienting them to the field of local and global initiatives that foster the emergence of a global learning society
- Consider how best to catalyze the co-creation of future events in diverse regions of the world even after ISSS 2013
- Seed a global network with an ongoing link to the IFSR, ISSS, and other co-founding supporters living the spirit of this conversation for action beyond the meetings.